PRODUCT INFO ID: 4406
Broadcom MegaRAID 9580-8i8e (05-50076-00)
The MegaRAID 9500 series is the industry’s first PCIe Gen 4.0 RAID adapter family, offering PCIe Gen 4.0 host and storage interfaces. The MegaRAID 9580-8i8e adapter, based on the SAS3916 high-port count PCIe 4.0 x8 RAID-on-Chip (RoC), delivers twice the performance of previous generations.
The 9580-8i8e is compatible with existing PCIe SFF-8639 Module (U.2) backplanes, allowing users to boost performance for today’s ever increasing bandwidth environments. Coupled with two industry initiatives expanding the deployment of Tri-Mode SerDes technology, the 9580-8i8e is instrumental in getting the most performance and flexibility out of U.3 backplanes:
- SFF-TA-10001 Specification (U.3), which defines a common bay type for SAS, SATA and NVMe
- Universal Backplane Management (UBM), which defines a common backplane control and management framework
With Tri-Mode SerDes technology, the MegaRAID 9580-8i8e can operate in all three modes concurrently, serving NVMe, SAS or SATA drives. The adapter negotiates between speeds and protocols to seamlessly work with any of the three types of storage devices. Tri-Mode support provides a non-disruptive way to evolve existing data center infrastructure.
Key Features Include:
- Connect up to 240 SAS/SATA devices or 24 NVMe devices per controller
- Fits into rack-mounted servers with low-profile form factor and side-mounted SAS connectors
- Form-factor friendly cable exit
- Support critical, high-bandwidth applications with PCIe 4.0 connectivity
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60
- JBOD mode with RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD for SDS environments
- Add more protection and peace of mind with CacheVault flash cache protection