The Series 6 and 6T high-performance Adaptec SAS/SATA RAID adapters offer maximum performance, scalability and reliability. With the enhanced bandwidth of its 6 Gb/s SAS 2.0 interfaces and the PCIe Gen 2 host connection they offer up to 60% higher sustained sequential throughput than previous generation adapters.
Based on PMC-Sierra's market-leading, multi-core SRC 8x6G RAID-on-Chip (RoC) the Adaptec Series 6 and Series 6T can deliver up to 2 GB/s sustained data transfer rate to the host. Peak performance is up to 4.8GB/s through the SAS 2.0 interfaces and 4.0GB/s through the PCIe Gen 2 host interface. Using SAS expanders, it can connect up to 256 SAS/SATA.
The Adaptec Series 6 and Series 6T support a broad range of operating systems, compatibility with more than 300 third-party devices, and full integration with Adaptec Storage Manager™ for centralized management of all Adaptec RAID adapters on the network.
Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit Option – Maximum protection and Savings
Adaptec Series 6 is the industry's first adapter which offers Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection (ZMCP) that eliminates Battery Backup Units (BBUs) in favor of 4GB of NAND flash memory to protect cached data and eliminate the installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal and replacement costs associated with BBUs. Available as a separate Kit: Adaptec Flash Module 600 (AFM-600).
With Hybrid RAID 1 & 10 Series 6 and 6T adapters offer maximum performance and reliability by combining Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) in a single array. Performing read operations from the faster SSD and write operations on both the SSDs and HDD results in tremendous performance gains over standard HDD RAID arrays. Hybrid RAID offers the benefits of both technologies and allows a better cost-per-operation.
All Series 6 & 6T:
- 6805: 8 internal ports
- 6805T: 8 internal ports, top-mounted connectors
- 6445: 8 ports (4 internal/4 external)
- 6405: 4 internal ports
- 6 Gb/s throughput at each port
- PMC 6Gb/s RoC
- SAS 2.0 interfaces and PCIe Gen 2 Host Connection
- Low Profile, MD2 Form Factor
- Supports up to 256 SAS/SATA drives
- Enclosure management support via LED header and SES2/SGPIO
- Hybrid RAID 1 & 10: SSD + HDD for Maximum Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Power Management – Reduces power and cooling costs by as much as 70%
- Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit Option