To keep pace with dynamic and growing business demands, many organizations are transitioning their data centers to private cloud architectures in order to leverage the many benefits of virtualization. This approach enables them to consolidate, scale, simplify, and automate their IT resources to increase business agility while reducing capital and operational expenditures.
Server virtualization continues to be a key technology for enabling private cloud architectures. Organizations worldwide are taking virtualization to the next level, increasing Virtual Machine (VM) densities and virtualizing mission-critical workloads. This trend is increasing demand for shared storage and flatter, more scalable Ethernet networks–as well as higher bandwidth and I/O capacity for client/server and storage networks.
To help address that demand, the QLogic 1860 Fabric Adapter meets all the connectivity needs of cloud-enabled data centers while providing unmatched performance, application-aware services, unified management, and reduced cost and complexity. It is the simplest, most flexible, and most powerful server connectivity adapter designed to extend fabric services to VMs and applications in highly demanding virtualized environments.
Designed to simplify the transition to a cloud-based architecture, the QLogic 1860 offers several key benefits:
- Provides a class of adapters that meets all Fibre Channel and Ethernet connectivity needs in cloud-enabled data centers
- Simplifies and optimizes server I/O in highly virtualized environments - Supports Gen 5 Fibre Channel and 10 GbE DCB connectivity for TCP/IP, iSCSI, and FCoE with QLogic AnyIO technology
- Extends Fibre Channel and Ethernet fabric services to the server and applications
- Consolidates I/O devices by partitioning physical adapters into virtual adapters through QLogic vFLink technology
- Simplifies the transition to virtualization by supporting workloads and technologies, including Windows Server 2012 Virtual Fibre Channel and network QoS (bandwidth management) features
- Integrates with Brocade® Network Advisor to help simplify SAN and LAN management
Note: Brocade® is a registered trademark of Brocade Communication Systems, Inc.